This is a review of my fave beach resort in Malapascua Island at the tip of Cebu.
This is my choice whenever I’m here for the following reasons,
- They have their own private cove. Their beach is secluded from the common beach which makes it very private and intimate. They have a beach bar which makes chilling extra special. You can have a cocktail or fruit shake while lounging at the beach.
- Prestine waters full of marine life. You don’t have to go far to snorkel. You can see a variety of fish and marine life right at the resort. You just need to put on your goggles and dive.
- Nice modern rooms. Their rooms are very chic. The designs are of modern and native that exudes island life for the urbanite. The air conditioned room has a hot and cold shower, flushing toilet (very important), a queen size bed, drying rack, a mini bar and a secure vault. They even provide you electric mosquito repellants and mosquito coils just in case.
- They have the best view on the island. Each room has it’s own veranda with a view. When booking ask for a room facing the ocean. If you have the extra budget, book one of their 6 De Luxe rooms. These are cottages on a cliff with a view. On a previous visit, I stayed in one of those and I can say that it is worth it. This time I opted to try the less expensive Superior room. The view is still pretty magnificent.
- The staff. The members of the staff are all friendly. Smiling and very accomodating.
- Nice location. It’s location makes it very near where the boats from the main island dock and near the main common beach yet it is also far enough to be away from all the tourist when you need to be away.
- Near some very good restaurants. Aside from the resort’s Amihan Restaurant, you also have Angelina Italian Restaurant and Aroi Mak Thai Restaurant just next door. Also, you can walk a few meters away to the common mainstream beach for some other eating places along the beach.
Tepanee is truly the place to stay when you are in Malapascua. Book at http://www.tepanee.com